(Originally posted 2018-07-26.)
“Mum!” came the cry in the middle of the night. You can imagine how well that was received.1
“There’s a frog in the bathroom!” shouted my daughter. Indignant or horrified, you decide. 🙂
So, a number of thoughts occurred:
- It can’t do us any harm; It’s tiny and probably more scared of us than any of us are of it.
- Picking it up is not an option; It could be poisonous to touch and probably wouldn’t stay on the plastic safety briefing, even if we got it onto it.
- The lizard we saw in the afternoon in the room escaped as soon as we opened the door. Frogs are at least as smart as lizards… 🙂
- We’re probably not going to tread on it – unless we’re colossally clumsy or stupid.
- Shampoo and shower gel are probably not good for a frog, but otherwise I don’t mind sharing the shower with it. 🙂
Also uttered was “Mum! Why did you let the frog in?” 🙂
Of course the frog was gone2 in the morning.
Meanwhile, as I write this on the balcony of our room, there’s a wallaby a few feet below us, foraging3; It knows we’re here but it really doesn’t care. Respect!
One thought on “Ethel The Frog And Other Animals”